One thing that is sure about this year is that it seems to be going fast. Maybe that is because I have something doing that keeps me occupied and I never notice its passing.
Another 3 months have come and gone and now we are in the 3rd quarter. A lot have happened to me (although our view on what qualifies as “a lot” may differ).
– I got a job even though the pay is barely enough, as is the case with every employee.
– I happen to be at a crossroads with my girlfriend, mainly because her errors have been accumulating and it’s making I harder for me to care what happens between us anymore.
– I continued my occasional practice of cutting people out of my life. This time though, I decided to put them on probation and I let them know, in subtle terms, that they may soon be cut off.
– My plans are now becoming more concrete, as I can now clearly see myself where I want to be in the next 5 years and I’m trying to work towards that.
– I’m at this moment trying to establish the foundations of an extra source of income. (Nobody told me that foundations are hard to established)
I also learnt, or should I say discovered the truth behind, some things this past three months among which are:
– When someone wants to see you, no matter how busy they claim they are, they will always make the time. And if they don’t, it just means that whatever it is they are doing is more important than you.
– You will never really be understood in the way that you want.
– You don’t have to be in love to be in a relationship. Also, you don’t have to be in a relationship to be in love.
– Just because you want to & can do something doesn’t mean you should.
– No matter how big a picture you claim to be able to perceive, there will always be a bigger picture than that.
And there are some quotes that I stumbled upon and was able to reflect on an liked.
– In order to move on, you must understand why you felt what you did, and why you no longer need to feel it.
– Can you remember who you were, before the world told you who you should be?
– Life will break you. Nobody can protect you from that, and living alone won’t either, for solitude will also break you with its yearning. You have to love. You have to feel. It is the reason you are here on earth. You are here to risk your heart. You are here to be swallowed up. And when it happens that you are broken, or betrayed, or left, or hurt, or death brushes near, let yourself sit by an apple tree and listen to the apples falling all around you in heaps, wasting their sweetness. Tell yourself you tasted as many as you could. – Louise Erdrich.
– If you want to forget something or someone, never hate it, or never hate him/her. Everything and everyone that you hate is engraved upon your heart; if you want to let go of something, if you want to forget, you cannot hate.
– Don’t ask for guarantees. And don’t look to be saved in any one thing, person, machine, or library. Do your own bit of saving, and if you drown, at least die knowing you were heading for shore.
– Between the wish and the thing the world lies waiting.
So that is all that I can pull out of my brain for now. Until next time.